Thursday

...of obstinacy

"How long are You going to keep me here Lord?" God probably replied, "How long are you going to fight my will."

I took Algebra I three times in high school before passing it. The first time I took it was my sophomore year. I failed because I really just didn't get it. So I repeated the class during my Junior year. I worked hard at trying to get it this time until I was moved to another class and decided that I did not like the teacher. I began to skip the class. As a result, I received a failing grade for being absent beyond the allotted 20 days. Also because I failed this course, I was a credit short for June's graduation. I would have to go to summer school for that 1 credit and then graduate in August. My parents really wanted me to graduate "on time" but I didn't see the big deal. In my world, I would still be graduating "on time" since it was in the same year! However, that is not what my parents meant so I attended summer school before entering my senior year and took a repeat course for Algebra I. This time I passed with a "C."

Right now I am currently taking a repeat course. I am not sure of the subject, but I recognize some sort of pattern. I am sure that I am failing because of my stiff-necked self. I know that if I do not pass this time, God will make me take it again.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for a good wake up for me. I do see myself in the same situation. We just pray that God have mercy on us. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Y'all's comments are overwhelmingly encouraging. I appreciate them very much. They motivate me to continue being myself. Smooches!